The Information We Collect
When you visit TennisGrading you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Web Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site.
When you register with TennisGrading, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your gender and any other information you decide to give.
When you enter TennisGrading, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all TennisGrading visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to TennisGrading. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use TennisGrading, you may form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
If you post personally identifiable information in areas of the site accessible to other users, you should be aware that such information can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used improperly to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums or for others’ misuse of such information. Any misuse or improper collection of information provided on TennisGrading is a violation of the TennisGrading Terms of Service and should be reported by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. TennisGrading stores this information to send this one-time email, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
By using TennisGrading, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in Australia.
Children Under Age 13
TennisGrading does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on TennisGrading. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Use of Information Obtained by TennisGrading
When you register with TennisGrading, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on TennisGrading. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by TennisGrading that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by TennisGrading primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it other TennisGrading users may be able to supplement your profile.
Profile information you submit to TennisGrading will be available to users of TennisGrading who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings your name and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the TennisGrading network unless you alter your privacy settings. This is primarily so your friend can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches will be able to access and view your profile information.
TennisGrading will send you only service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
TennisGrading may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such understanding what you like and dislike by aggregating how many people like a sport or movie we can personalise advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you the best advertising services on TennisGrading. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they’re more likely to be interesting to you.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services and other users of TennisGrading, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile (e.g., removing photo tag links).
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about TennisGrading, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the TennisGrading-specified purposes.
- We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the TennisGrading world. Such accounts have only limited capabilities (e.g., messaging is disabled) and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the TennisGrading service or using the TennisGrading name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through sponsored groups or other on-site offers.
- We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on TennisGrading. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on TennisGrading, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on TennisGrading is readily available through the profile editing tools. TennisGrading users may modify or remove any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their TennisGrading account may do so by emailing your request to email@example.comRemoved information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of TennisGrading.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on TennisGrading you generally cannot remove such communications.
TennisGrading takes appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of TennisGrading Web Site, please contact us
Online Safety Resources
For further information about online safety TennisGrading recommends the following sites.